Wednesday, November 13, 2013

101 Ways to Reduce Stress Part 3

I ran across some great suggestions called 101 Ways to Reduce Stress. I think 101 at one time is kind of overwhelming so I'm posting a few at a time.
16. Repair anything that doesn't work properly. (Ha! My sewing machine has been sitting in the corner of the dining room for a couple of years, needing to be serviced. Maybe a good New Year's resolution.)
17. Ask for help with the jobs you dislike.
18. Break large tasks into bite size portions.
19. Look at problems as challenges.
20. Look at challenges differently.
21. Unclutter your life. (Working on it.)
22. Smile.
23. Be prepared for rain.
24. Tickle a baby. (A couple in my church choir have a beautiful new baby boy and since he's a little young to tickle, I've been holding him each week while he sleeps, enjoying his funny expressions and precious baby noises. Sigh. Such a peaceful loving experience.)
25. Pet a friendly dog or cat. (I love to pet my doggie's tummy when I'm sitting on the couch and she loves it too.)
26. Don't know all the answers.
27. Look for the silver lining.
28. Say something nice to someone.
29. Teach a kid to fly a kite.
30. Walk in the rain.

No comments: